In the home:
- Combine 2–3 drops of lemon essential oil with water in a spray bottle to help clean surfaces.
- Add 10–15 drops of lemon essential oil to a gallon of natural carpet cleaning solution to help pull out stains, brighten carpet and rugs, and leave a fresh smell in the room.
- Use as a stain remover for laundry.
- Use 1–2 drops to remove gum, oil, grease spots, glue or adhesive, and crayon from most surfaces. Best natural Goo-Gone!
- Place a few drops of lemon essential oil on a cotton ball and put in the refrigerator, or garbage can to help eliminate odors.
- Add lemon essential oil to baking soda and water and use as an all natural soft scrub.
- To clean and increase the shelf life of fresh fruits and vegetables, fill a bowl with cool water and 2-3 drops of lemon essential oil. Place produce in water, stir around so all surfaces come in contact with the lemon.
- Soak dish clothes in a bowl of water with 1-2 drops of lemon essential oil overnight to naturally clean.
- For a natural furniture polish, add several drops to a half cup of olive oil or beeswax.
For the body:
- Add lemon essential oil to a cup of water in the morning. It's full of antioxidants.
- Add to water or a smoothie for a refreshing pick-me-up. (SO tasty and uplifting!)
- Add several drops of lemon essential oil to a chicken marinade for a delicious dinner.
- Apply a drop of lemon oil to the tongue to freshen breath.
For the mind:
- Inhale lemon essential oil or place a few drops on a cotton ball to replenish your mind, body, and spirit.
- Place a drop in your hands to inhale, rub a drop into long or short hair, or diffuse through the room during times to uplift the spirits.
Cautions When Using Lemon Essential Oil
Lemon is photosensitive. This means that lemon oil can cause the skin to burn if exposed to sunlight after applying the oil. Avoid applying to skin that will be exposed to sunlight or UV light within 24 hours.